Sizes: Since her closest has switched seasons so have her sizes (some). She still wears 6-12 month and 9-12 month but instead of 9 months she is now wearing 12 months. Still wearing size 3 (Kirkland brand) diapers.
About two weeks after I started weaing (so about a week after Molly turned 8 months) I was officially done breastfeeding. She now gets four 5 ounce bottles (of breast milk) a day. For the last month with the first three bottles she has also gotten either some table food or baby food. Molly's current faves include jelly toast, nutri grain bars, yogurt, yogurt melts, saltine and club crackers. She thinks puffs are for babies...which apparently she thinks she is not and lately the same goes for baby food. Pretty sure she thinks I don't see anyone else eating this $hit!!! And since I think she feels this way we have in the last week moved on to solids only. Baby food is now a thing of the past.
Routine: Molly typically wakes for the day between 7 and 7:30am. She gets her first bottle at 8am with some table food. She takes her first nap about 2.5 hours after she wakes in the morning. Which means she typically goes down for her first nap between 9:30 and 10. She naps on average for 45 minutes or so. (Longer if we're not out and about or about ready to head out). Often we're out and about running errands or having play dates at this time so I believe that is why this nap has become what it has (a short one). She gets her second bottle and some more food at noon. She goes down for her second nap of the day anywhere between 1:30 and 2:30pm. This nap varies in length...anywhere between 1.5-2.5 hours long. Love the 2.5 hour days!!! She gets her third bottle between 4 and 5pm...again with some food. And she gets her last bottle while rocking snug in her pajamas in mama's arms at 8pm. Earlier if she's ready for bed by 7:30pm. She typically goes to bed around 8pm. The above is my routine. If daddy or a grandma is in charge everything MAY get thrown off kilt. Lately, I would say Molly is 50/50 on sleeping through the night. If she wakes its between 4 and 6am. If she wakes I cover her back up with her blanket, pop in her paci, and tuck her tag blankie back by her face. And if that fails I just rock her for a few minutes til she conks back out.
Developmental Milestones: Molly pulls herself into a standing position and puts herself into a sitting position all the time and she is a crawling machine. I would say she really started crawling at 8.5 months. She can get to wherever and whatever she wants (if she sets her heart to it). She still prefers to be carried around. Unlike her big brother (at this same age) she does not walk along furniture nor does she do stairs yet. She is not near as inquisitive as he was.
Now I just said she is not near as inquisitive as he was but if you open a door to something that looks interesting she is ready to investigate...
- You absolutely adore your big brother.
- You're a wiggle worm when it comes to diaper changes.
- Your top two teeth slowly (painfully slowly) started working there way in simultaneously just after you turned 8 months. I would say it took a good 10 days for them to finally be more or less noticeable.
- You hold your own bottle.
- You went on your first and second road trips. First to Grandpa and Grandma V's cabin in the UP and the second to the Great Smoky Mountains. You traveled like a champ!!!
- You love to be rocked na night. And I LOVE this snuggle time with you!!!
- You are obessessed with your lil blankie. Need it by your face to go na night.
- You have become a much better sleeper these past few weeks...thank you my little love!!!
- You started sleeping with a blanket covering you just in the last two weeks. When we were UP North and in the Smokies you occasionally snuggled with mommy in bed because I didn't want you to wake brother and I'm thinking because of that you got used to the warm blankets. One night after both trips you kept waking up. Daddy covered you with a warm blanket and you fell fast asleep. It kinda freaked me out at first (I worry about SIDS/suffocation) but you know how to roll, sit, and stand so I suppose its okay...and it has made you a WAY better sleeper.
- Someone's crib had to be lowered this month.
- Overall, I would say that you are a way more laid back baby than your brother. You are content to just sit and watch. You don't always need to be in on the action. Because of this I don't expect you to be an early walker. Time will tell though!!!