Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Smokies {Day 5}

On Thursday we went to Ripley's Aquarium. It was awesome. My favorite was the shark tank. (Unfortunately I did not include a picture but I did on Facebook). Here is Molly (and Mason) with the clownfish (aka...Nemo's)... 
Okay so behind me here IS the shark tank but there is also a tunnel where the sharks swim right up and over you. 

Next on our my agenda was to get a family picture by the Smoky Moutain sign. After many attempts this is what we got. (We went back after Clingman's Dome and Newfound Gap to try and get a better (closer) one but to be honest after taking 50 some pics...this was my favorite). Sorry babe!!!
 
After the family pic we drove about 40 minutes up to Clingman's Dome. It was F-O-G-G-Y. But at least we can say we made it to the highest point in the Smokies.
(Molly and I at the very top and THIRTY degrees colder than just the hour before in Gatlinburg).
(Clingman's Dome is in the background).
When we were driving up to Clingman's Dome we stopped at Newfound Gap but there was a tour bus with lots of elderly peeps so we got back in and kept driving (to the Dome) and decided we would stop again on the way back down. Go figure just as we were leaving the Dome (thankfully it waited until we were leaving) it started to rain. I told Brian I still wanted a picture so just him and I jumped out and had this gem snapped... 
When we got back in the vehicle Mason was screaming he wanted to get out for a picture too and since the rain at this point had mostly stopped I said okay.
A view on the drive down...and yes that would be the sun just a-shining again!!!
Per our norm we ended the night back at our cabin...eating, playing, and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment