Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ten On Saturday

1. We've spent LOTS of time inside these past few weeks for two primary reasons that you will see later in this post. Then add in the fact that I hate running errands with the kiddos this time of the year and you got yourself some home-bound peeps! Thus Molly's crib has become a fave new hang out place. On this particular day Mason jumped out of the crib and came back with two of his sippys...and said one for Molly and one for me. This is huge because he's normally not a fan of sharing his sippys. Notice Molly guzzling hers down?!! Mason gave her the sippy with chocolate milk in it. The girl was in heaven!!!
2. We moved our little TV from the kitchen into our family room. For the first few days this is where the munchkins constantly were. After a few days of yelling and shouting "NO"...they haven't been hanging out there so much anymore.
3. This kid always gives me teeny tiny heart attacks. He wanted gummies so he thought he would help himself...
4. November 13, 2014...first day of SNOW!!!
 5. He just couldn't help himself. Who needs boots, snowpants, and gloves anyways ;)
6. If you haven't guessed yet SNOW is reason #1 why we've been home-bound lots these last few weeks. Area schools have already had 1-2 snow days. Typically if the schools have a snow day (and if I'm not working) then we stay home to stay off the roads. After a few days of snow I finally gathered up my snow gear to play outside with this handsome fella. 
7. He loved every minute of his first snow play of the year. And he also enjoyed his first cup of hot warm chocolate.
8. SNOW much FUN. Well here you have it folks we are currently having our snowiest November IN HISTORY. How crazy is that?!?
9. Molly is taking right after her big brother in the "I like to eat snow" department...
10. And last but not least (reason #2 for why we've been home lots and lots)...THIS LITTLE BOY is pee trained!!! (I say pee trained because we are not pooped trained yet). 
(Don't ya love the fact that he's grabbing himself...he's def all boy)!!!

A few weeks back Brian and I went out for dinner with two of my college friends and their hubbys and one of my friends shared with us that her just two year old was potty trained. WHAT?!?! Lucky is what I thought!!! On the way home I told Brian that since I had no plans for the next three days that I was going to potty train Mase. He was all (for me) doing it. I told Mase the next morning that if Tenley (who is almost a whole year younger) could poop/pee on the toilet then so could he. That folks is what got him motivated. So we started this process on November 8. We did the naked (waist down) for three days. Days 1 and 2 weren't so bad...but on day 3 I was ready to quit. He was fighting me SO much. My mom told me NOT to give up (or in to him). We pushed ahead (and I'm so glad I did). I would say he was officially pee trained at the end of day 3. Days 4-7 were rough in the poop department because he either refused to go all day (very unlike Mase since he is a consistent morning pooper) or if he did go it was a huge fight. On day 8 I was ready to quit again. Mason was now refusing to poop or pee on the toilet. By 5pm he'd only peed on the toilet once and had one tiny accident...and his belly was the size of Texas (from refusing to poop). I actually called his PCP's after hours line to hear their recommendations about proceeding with this whole potty training thing or calling it what it was...a failure. (On a side note if you didn't remember Mase was born with hydronephrosis. (A kidney issue). His case is mild but I didn't need it to become major). The nurse actually told me based on what I was telling her and with his hydronephrosis history that I should go to the ED. I decided against it because even though I was super worried I also kind of felt like he was "playing" me. Right before I called the after hours line I had put a diaper on Mase. I told the lady that I would give him a couple more hours to poop/pee in the comfort of his diaper. If he still didn't then I would call back and bring him to the ED. I headed over to my mom's house (as planned since all the men were hunting since it was opening day of gun) and wouldn't you know within a half hour of getting to my mom's house Mase pooped and peed. The next day Mase was peeing fine again but still not pooping. I put a diaper on him at dinner (when he still hadn't pooped) and told him he could poop but NOT pee in the diaper. Within 30 minutes he once again pooped. I called his PCP's office the next day and talked to one of Mason's regular nurses and she told me that she had had a child do the same thing to her. Refuse to poop on the toilet but was pee trained. I asked her if it was okay to put a diaper on for 30 minutes a day for him to poop so we didn't lose the pee training. She said it sounded like a great idea so that's where were at. Mase now knows to ask for a diaper when he needs to poop. He does his business and then we put his undies back on. We'll try again in another month or so to poop train him but I know it will happen when he's ready. We have accidents far and few between these days and since day 1 of potty training he has stayed dry for every single nap and night!!! So proud of my little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment