Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ten On Tuesday

1. We celebrated (with my fam) M&M's birthdays the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. A little early yes but my mom thought it would be nice to spread the wealth out. We did things a little different this year. We decided to omit friends and do two separate parties (one with my family and the other with Brian's parents). It is definitely chaotic enough with just my family so I am so glad we made that decision. My mom did a Mickey/blue and Minnie/pink theme. Mickey/Minnie place settings, Mickey/Minnie balloons, and Mickey/Minnie Ty beanies (for table decor). Everyone brought a little something to share (talking food here) and my mom made the rest plus some yummy cupcakes for dessert. Red velvet with blue and pink sprinkles. Perfect party for my babies!!! 

The Birthday BOY...
2. The Birthday GIRL...
(Notice the headband/clip change from the first picture to the following...she hates headbands so much that I asked my mom if I could borrow her gold clip. Saved us from quite a few tears)!!!
3. They had a great party but many tears were shed. Mason from late naps/late bedtimes due to our busy Thanksgiving + Weekend and Molly since she missed her morning nap. No pictures with G&G, just this picture with mom, no pics of just the two babes, and not many with cousins either. Oh well. Not like there won't be another occasion for pictures!
4. Mols modeling her new owl hat from G&G while shopping at MC Sports. Girlfriend isn't a fan of hats but she sure looks cute!!!
5. Mason wanted in...there were kisses...
and hugs...
giggles...
and whatever this is...
6. But the best part about this MC Sports adventure was Mase losing his hat. I am anal about losing things. So I was not going to leave the store until it was found. To go back a minute Mase has this thing about hiding in stores. (Lucky me). And for some reason he is always worse (about hiding) when at MC. He wants to hide in all the very close together clothing racks or in the hunting tents or play with the bats and balls. I think I "lost" him about 4 times. You turn to look at something for one second and he is gone. Makes shopping a blast. After one of his disappearances he disposed of his hat but I didn't realize it right away. When I realized it I had no idea what clothing area it could be in. So I literally walked up and down every aisle looking (sometimes on my hands and knees) for that stinking hat. After maybe 30 minutes of searching (and 3 employees kinda searching) I was about ready to give up when I found the beloved hat!!! About 10 minutes prior Mase told me he needed a diaper. Since I hadn't planned on being in the store more than 20 minutes I didn't take in the diaper bag. I was busy looking for the hat so I told him to hold his poop. Fast forward back...with hat in my hand...smile on my face...I smelled something. I asked Mase if he had pooped and sure enough he had. Awesomesauce. Needless to say into the bathroom we went to clean out the undies. I left him bare buns and put his dirty undies wrapped in toilet paper into my purse. There's a mommy moment for ya. 

7. Since Mols still takes a short morning nap her afternoon nap is never as long as Masons. So pretty much every day we get a little mommy/daughter bonding time. And on this particular day we played with her birthday balloon and oh what FUN we had!!!
8. Took this little lady to Target with me on Black Saturday. My goal was to buy some lighted Christmas greens since some of ours from last year were burned out.  At $25 a piece (and I needed three) that wasn't going to happen. At least Molly had fun pushing the box around...
And just so you know my mom gave me the brilliant idea of just stringing Christmas lights on my burned out Christmas greens. Absolutely brilliant. Not sure why my brain didn't think of that. Lol.

9. Girlfriend found a fun new thing to play with...
Girlfriend also does not like to be told "NO."

10. My kids don't (won't) believe in Santa so I really don't need to wait in a long line to see Santa. I still think its fun though to get a yearly picture. So to Gemmen's Hardware we went...
Mason did great. Absolutely no tears. Molly wasn't so sure but she too didn't shed a tear. Thinking it helped that her big brother was with her...else she might have freaked.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so precious! Happy birthday to your littles.

    ReplyDelete