Monday, February 23, 2015

The Journey To (Earthly) Baby #3: Beta 2, Beta 3, US 1

December 18
Then came Thursday (beta day #2). I was at my parent's house when the call came. It was my favorite nurse Sandy. She said CONGRATS and went on to say how shocked she was to see my chart on her desk since I hadn't done any treatments. She then said your level is 1142. My response..."Oh no I'm gonna miscarry again because the last time my numbers didn't double I went on to miscarry." She told me that everything could still be fine. That she had to talk some things over with Dodds and would get back to me on a plan. She called back three hours later and said Dodds wanted me to get my labs drawn again on Monday and then I was scheduled for an US on Friday December 26. Based off my last cycle I would only be 5 weeks 3 days but again since this was an all natural thing and with my numbers being SO high...they wanted me in sooner rather than later.

December 18-21
I'm enjoying the waiting game oh so much (insert sarcasm) but since the flu bug hit our home late Thursday afternoon (Mason then me then Mason again and finally ending with Brian) I didn't have much time to think about it. Besides I know by now that worrying isn't going to change the outcome.

December 22
Beta day #3. Off to work I go after a week off (since I had to call in sick on Friday). An IVF nurse called just after 10am and gave me my latest hcg level...3238. Ugh. Still going up nicely but still not doubling. Trying to think positive that all could still be well. Hopefully and maybe just maybe...

December 25
5 weeks 2 days...(belly is popping cause it was Christmas night)!!!

December 26
Happy Birthday Molly and Happy Ultrasound day to me. Go figure I would wake up earlier than my norm but being Molly's birthday I was plenty distracted. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be going to an ultrasound ALL BY MYSELF. (Brian sat in the car with the kids). Dr. Young came in and after some small chat about going and getting knocked up all on our own he performed the US and said right away I see the sac. It took a minute longer to see the yolk sac but it was there. No fetal pole though. However, Dr. Young was very reassuring and said he saw exactly what he would expect to see at 5 weeks 3 days. I got dressed and went to a different room to chat with him.
Dr. Young gave me my estimated DD...August 25, 2015. And said now remind me...its a male factor issue right? I said yes. He said low count. To which I responded no poor motility and morphology. He looked at my chart and said actually crappy motility and morphology. And then went on to say the following. Do you remember the movie Dumb and Dumber...when Jim Carey asks the really good looking girl what the chance is of the two of them ending up together and she says not good. Jim Carey (Lloyd) then says "you mean, not good like one out of a hundred?" She says "more like one out of a million." To which he replys "So you're telling me there's still a chance?!?" Dr. Young said that pretty much sums up Brian and I. Lol. Always keeping it real!!! My next US is scheduled for January 7. (I will be 7 weeks 1 day). Praying we see a baby with a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment