Wednesday, August 26, 2015

{Crew} Two Weeks

On August 14 Crew had his first well child check up. (We had to go the day after we got home because I had gotten discharged after only one night versus the typical two). When we left the hospital Crew was down to 8lb 8oz. At this appointment he was down another ounce (8lb 7oz). But his doctor was happy with his weight and mommy was happy with the healthy report.
Stats: At his appointment yesterday Crew weighed in at 9lb 3oz (70%) and still measured 20.5 inches long (60%). His head circumference was 14.5 inches (50%).
Sizes: Crew fits nicely into newborn clothing but since I do not have much of it he does wear 0-3 and 3 month clothing as well. (Both the 0-3 and 3 month clothing are a mite bit big on him). He is wearing size 1 (Pampers) diapers. 
Food: Boobie milk on demand!!! Typically every 2-3 hours during the day and every 2.5-3 during the night. He was eating every 3-4.5 at night but a few days ago he increased the frequency. (Must be the 2 week munchies). Crew will eat either a little from both sides or more often than not 20 minutes from just one side. Starting a week ago I have been pumping once or twice a day to stock up for when I go back to work (tear). My goal (once again) is to breast feed for 9 months. With Mase I set (and met) my goal of 6 months, with Mols I set (but did not meet) my goal of 9 months (my supply fizzled out at 8 months)...so this time around I would really like to meet my goal. My body seems to fizzle out though between 6 and 8 months so we shall see. 
Routine: No schedule as of yet. I feed him on demand. So when he wants it...he gets it. If we have to run out (church, errands, etc) I always try to feed him before so I don't have to stop and feed him so quickly into our chasing. He is a great sleeper during the day and goes to bed around 10/10:30. I always {try} to feed him between 9:30 and 10, wrap him up, and put him in his rock and play sleeper for na night. Crew is an incredibly LOUD baby at night. (My kids seem to get louder and louder the more I have). After each feed he grunts for a good 30 minutes. My sleep has been less than stellar since I lay awake for this extra 30 minutes. So UNstellar that I told Brian Crew might be moving into his own room tonight.
Developmental Milestones: Working on his neck strength.
Loves: His momma and his milk!!! And when mommy lets him...sucking on his fingers.
Dislikes: Is not a huge fan of his bop during the night but likes it okay during the day. Dislikes burping. (He was a great burper for 3 days and then that just fizzled out once my milk came in). So like his big bro and sis he occasionally gets gas drops. And he doesn't like his hands swaddled into his swaddle while sleeping at night.
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
  • You don't startle easily which is a good thing because your brother and sister are SUPER loud (and that's putting it mildly).
  • If daddy has anything to say about it...you WILL be a BIG Michigan fan just like him...
  • In the first two weeks of life you went to your doctor's office twice (for your scheduled visits), to G&G Helmholdt's house a couple times to hang by the lake, to Frog Hollow playground, to Tanger Outlets, to the GR Kids Museum, to the mall (a couple of times), Cabelas and Target, to "Uncle" Bob and "Aunt" Joan's house in Middleville, church, bowling, and to John Ball Zoo. And tonight we will be hitting up the Hudsonville Fair. What a fun first two weeks you have had!!!
  • Your cord fell off after 10 (long and stinky) days.
  • You got your newborn pictures taken at 7 days old.
  • Had my two week blood pressure check and it {boo} it was still high (142/88) so I'll be taking my blood pressure meds for another 4 weeks...until my 6 week post partum check up towards the end of September. Not too surprised by this since it went the same way after Mase and Mol's pregnancies.

No comments:

Post a Comment