Stats: Haven't actually weighed Crew recently but just gonna go ahead and say he weighs low to mid 19 pounds. Won't find out for sure though until his next well child appointment on August 18. How is it that my baby IS ONE?!! Having mixed emotions about this. (Update: Crew Bryer weighed in at an impressive 20lbs 2 oz. And measured in at 29 inches. Putting him in the 15th% for weight and 25-50th% for height).
Sizes: Crew can still pull off a few 6-12 month onsies and a few 6-12/9-12 month shorts but for the most part he is wearing 12 or 12-18 month clothing. He's still in size 3 (Kirkland) brand diapers and he is wearing size 4 shoes.
Food: About a week ago I switched Crew to four 6oz bottles (vs five 5oz bottles). He's adjusted to that switch just fine. He gets these bottles around 7/7:30, 11/12, 4, and 7:45/8. And then this past Tuesday he got his first taste of (1%) milk. So far he has had 6 bottles (all 1%) and he does pretty good with them. He definitely prefers them warmed up a touch though. Finally bought him some Vitamin D milk last night and he inhaled that bottle (warmed up). Then today at lunch he took the Vit D milk cold (cause we were out and about). Thinking I'll move him to 8oz (instead of 6oz) because I've tried a couple of 8oz bottles and he has inhaled them. And as far as food goes he's still not a stellar eater. Extremely picky. So def a work in progress. Although he does like C-A-K-E.
Routine: Bedtime has been getting a wee bit later than I prefer 8:15/8:30 and sometimes as late as 9...EEK. Once the busyness of summer is done we'll get back on schedule. And his sleep has been interrupted by two more teeth popping through this month. Of course these teeth popped through AT DIFFERENT TIMES so he has been waking once a night for quite a few nights. Ready to get him back to sleeping through the night on a consistent basis. He wakes between 6:45-7:30am. Sometimes he naps twice a day and sometimes just once. (Depends on what we have going on for that particular day). If he naps twice its still about 2-3 hours after waking (for 30 mins if were trying to get somewhere and if were staying home more like an hour and a half to two hours). He'll take his second nap around 2pm for another two hours. If just one nap a day then typically he's ready to go down by 1pm but often he gets pushed until 2pm. That nap too is about 2 hours long.
Developmental Milestones: Crew is a climbing M-A-C-H-I-N-E. Climbs on anything and everything that he can. He is also a walking machine (BEHIND his walker and with our hands). Has yet to take any steps on his own. And as plain as day says dada. And as of TODAY mama!!!
Loves: Crew loves to climb!!! Crew loves to walk behind his walker!!! Crew loves playing catch!!! Crew loves his tongue!!! Crew loves his paci!!! Crew loves him a bubba!!! Crew loves water (and has no fear)!!! And Crew loves his mommy (and rest of the fam too)!!!
Dislikes: Diaper changes, face being wiped, and getting splashed by water (especially if it's cold).
Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
- Two more teeth came in this month...taking the grand total to SEVEN.
- You learned that walking behind your walker (or any toy that you can push) is a really fun activity. One that you can do for hours (inside or outside)...
- You took the quad for a ride. Your very first and you LOVED it.
- You went on your first enjoyable boat ride. Meaning you didn't cry thee entire ride. You only got mad towards the end. Else you actually kinda liked it. (Thinking it was the different life jacket that you wore).
- You love sticking your tongue out.
- You traveled to Wisconsin for the second time this summer. In Wisconsin you went to your first wedding reception.
- You went camping for the first time to Sandy Pines.
- You helped mommy celebrate her 33rd birthday.
- You don't like busy get togethers. For example when we're with the Vugteveen side there are so many people you are always searching for me and you whine until I pick you up. If you can't see me you're fine but if I'm in view it's a constant whine until I pick you up. When we're with G&G Helmholdt or just G&G Vugteveen you are totally fine.
- You are still the easiest baby ever. (Def my best baby). I would still clone a million of you. Please don't EVER change!!!
- You seem to be way more investigative then what you're brother and sister were/are. If I cannot find you-it pry means you are downstairs playing. And at the age of 4.5 your brother will STILL not go down by himself.
- You are a mama's BOY. Not going to lie I kinda like it. Yes at times it means more work (and more get ups at night) but I LOVE being LOVED so much!!!