Friday, July 28, 2017

{Asher & Jax} Two Weeks

On July 12 Asher and Jax had their first well child check up. When we left the hospital Asher was down to 7lb 2oz. At this appointment he was down another ounce to 7lb 1oz. Jax was down to 7lb 8oz (when we left the hospital). At this appointment he was down another 3oz to 7lb 5oz. But the sub doctor was happy with their weights so no weight check before their two week appointment (scheduled for when they are 3 weeks on 7.28.17).

Stats: At their appointment today Asher weighed in at 8lb 4oz (30th%) and measured 20 inches long (10th%). His head circumference was 13.75 inches (10th%). Jax weighed in at 7lb 14oz (25th%) and measured 20 inches long (10th%). His head circumference was 14.1 inches (10th%).
(Asher and Jax)
Sizes: The boys both fit nicely into newborn clothing but since I do not have much in newborn size today I did put them in 0-3 month clothing (fits just a mite bit big) for the first time. They are wearing size 1 (Kirkland) diapers. (They wore newborn diapers for 2.5 weeks but when I ran out of newborn size I just switched them to size 1 (Kirkland) diapers.
Food: Boobie milk on demand!!! Typically every 2-3 hours during the day and every 3-4 hours during the night. Each boy gets one boob. Sometimes I tandem feed and sometimes they eat back to back. If one is ready to eat (and the other is still sleeping) when the first one is done I ALWAYS wake the sleeping one. Wanna (gotta for my sanity) keep them on the same schedule. I pump very rarely. Who has time for that?!! But need to start doing so more regularly soon to get a supply going for when I go back to work. I have a few days worth in the freezer thus far so not doing too terrible.
Routine: No schedule as of yet. I feed them on demand. So when they want it...they get it. If we have to run out (church, errands, etc) I always try to feed them before so I don't have to stop and feed them so quickly into my chasing or during church. They are great sleepers during the day (and actually at night too-typical newborns). They go to bed around 10:30/11. I typically feed them around 10pm and put them down for the night. Always hopeful for a 4 hour stretch. Occasionally my wish comes true!!!
Developmental Milestones: Working on neck strength. Asher is a champ at this. Jax just lays on the boppy and doesn't even attempt to lift his head.
Loves: Their momma, their milk, and their pacis!!! 
Dislikes: Both do not like sitting in poopy diapers.

Other Things I Don't Want To Forget:
  • Neither of you startle easily which is a good thing because your brothers and sister are SUPER loud (and that's putting it mildly).
  • In the first three weeks of life you boys went to your doctor's office twice (for your scheduled visits), to G&G Helmholdt's house and G&G Vugteveen's house a couple each times to hang by their lakes, to Rosewood playground, to the mall (a couple of times), Carters and Target, to "Uncle" Bob and "Aunt" Joanie's house in Middleville, church, John Ball Zoo, Boulder Ridge Zoo, Holland Discovery Center followed by Taco Bell, Red Geranium followed by Aunt Courtney's pool, the Hudsonville Fairgrounds for the Grand Rapids Balloon Festival, Hungry Horse Campground (Dad, Mase, and Mols went camping for 2 nights), and Holland Beach. What a fun first three weeks you guys have had!!!
  • Jax's cord fell off after 7 (stinky) days. Asher's cord fell off a day later.
  • Jax had a blocked tear duct for a few days but after some gentle massaging it {mostly} cleared up.
  • Asher tends to be more fussy than my SUPER chill Jax but nothing to write home about
  • Asher has more of a shrill (piercing) cry.
  • You guys moved into your room after a mere 3 nights in mom and dad's bedroom. Asher was a fussy bucket those first four nights (at home) and I needed sleep. And I needed it bad. Having you in your own rooms allowed me to sleep a little bit more.
  • You boys got your newborn pictures taken at 11 days old.
  • Both of you made it through your first cold (compliments of your sister).

No comments:

Post a Comment